But talking, I haven't done. I suppose it's a bit like praying? Perhaps like channeling positive energy to a focal point. I talk to the plants in my garden. I talk to myself in the shower. Why not? It's a form of channeling energy. It's communicating. It's centering. I do that tacitly whenever I cook: I put all my positive energy into the food I make (just like the book/film 'Like Water for Chocolate', if I make food when I'm angry or sad, the food comes out horrible!). Why not do that for my body too? I already talk to my heart through the food I eat and the music I listen to. So why not? Just like listening, it's checking-in. I'm gonna give it a try.
Here's a recipe for something I've been devouring like crazy alongside fish. It's versatile, summery, clean, light, refreshing and delicious! It puts love in your heart!
Green Couscous
from Ottolenghi's Plenty
Serves 4
1 cup of couscous
3/4 c. boiling water or stock
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
Herb paste
1/3 c. parsley
1 c. cilantro
2 Tbsp. tarragon
2 Tbsp. dill
2 Tbsp. mint
6 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. unsalted pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped (optional)
3 green onions, finely sliced
1 fresh green chile, finely sliced (optional)
1 1/4 c. arugula leaves, chopped
Place couscous in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water or stock. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for ten minutes. Meanwhile fry the onion in olive oil until golden and completely soft. Add the salt and cumin, mix well. Continue cooking until nicely browned. Set aside to cool. In a food processor combine all the ingredients of the herb paste and blitz until smooth. Using a fork, fluff the couscous into a large bowl. Add the cooked onion mixture, the herb paste, the pistachios, green onions, green chile, and arugula and gently mix until fully combined. Serve at room temperature alongside delicious fish or chicken, accompanied with hummus, pita bread, roasted veggies and pita bread. Yum! Keeps in the refrigerator up to a week! Enjoy!
While you're making the couscous, watch one of these clips, I love this song!

No comments:
Post a Comment