Tuesday, May 5, 2009
So it begins...
Why souffles? Because souffles are 1) the perfection of pastry: souffles test and illustrate a chef's perfection of technique, skill, creativity, and attention to precision, 2) the interplay of science and art: like all of pastry, souffles reflect the interplay of exacting science/chemistry and the realm of imagination and creation, and 3) personality: souffles, even from the same batter, will always come out slightly different, no two are identical; they will always stubbornly assert their own personality. For me, souffles embody the defining characteristics of pastry and the main reasons I love the field of pastry: the interplay of art and science, the precision, creativity and attentiveness to detail, as well as the element of character and chance. Hence, 'I dream of Souffles.' I dream about many things of the sweet persuasion, and so will use this blog as an artistic outlet and forum for my dreams and passions in the pastry world. But I can guarantee you a whole lot of souffle. After all, souffles are souffle, and life just wouldn't be so perfectly and delightfully sweet without them. Coming soon...pictures of souffles and steps to make the perfect souffle!!
3 comments:
What about Pecan Pie brotha?
i dream of YOUR souffles.... yummmmm... i'm so glad you started a blog! what's with the sudden burst of internet using??? lol random, but i LOVE it ;)
this is what happens when your boyfriend lives abroad! :) i can't wait to see you soon nancy! you will have many souffles when you visit!
Post a Comment